King and Queen
Homecoming King & Queen Guidelines and Criteria
Nominations for King & Queen have closed. Please vote via OnePort for King and Queen Feb 17-Feb 21
- Nominations are due by February 7 via the homecoming registration form.
- Elections will be held February 17- February 21
- No former King or Queen may be nominated.
- Individuals nominated must be either a junior or senior at UNC Asheville.
- Candidates must be nominated by a recognized club or organization registered with any official university department.
- Any recognized student group may nominate one male for King and one female for Queen. Nominees do not have to belong to your organization.
- Individuals who identify as a male may only be nominated for Homecoming King. Individuals who identify as female may only be nominated for Homecoming Queen.
- Candidates must be an enrolled UNC Asheville student in good academic standing (2.75 GPA or higher).
- The candidate for King and Queen with the highest total votes is elected. No runoff election is held. In the case of a tie, a drawing will be held to determine the King or Queen, respectively.
- Candidates elected to the court will be notified prior to the Homecoming game and will be expected to participate in all Homecoming activities.
- If a student is nominated by more than one organization, the nominee will have to choose which group he/she is representing. If no clear choice is communicated to the chair of the university homecoming committee, the nominating group that nominated the individual first will receive any credit.
- Submit the entry form online at studentactivities.unca.edu/homecoming or that Highsmith Student Union information desk.
Pictures of nominees will be taken on February 11 and 13 from 12:30-2:30 p.m. in the SAIL suite, located on the second floor of Highsmith Student Union. Nominees must have their picture taken. There will be no charge for pictures. These pictures will be used for the email sent out for final voting.
Responsibilities of Homecoming Court Include:
- King & Queen Candidate Photos, February 11 & 13 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Half-time rehearsal-TBA
- Thursday, February 27- Women’s Basketball Game—Court Announced
- Friday, February 28- Homecoming Parade—Court is presented to community
- Saturday, March 1- Men’s Basketball Game—Winners announced
- Saturday, March 1- Homecoming Dance—Winners presented
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on February 10, 2014